Urgent Advice

The police told you that you can obtain legal advice. This is your right. If you are using your smartphone to read this information, you should know the following information:

If you are being charged with Driving over .08, you should co-operate with police and provide a sample after you speak to a lawyer. If you are charged with anything else, always speak to a lawyer first. The police should be providing you with access to a telephone, phone books, and toll-free number to Legal Aid. Remember, you must properly identify yourself to the police. Provide your name and contact information. Do not provide any other information. The police are documenting everything you say and you have the right to say nothing. The police will continue to ask you questions anyway, however, you do not have to answer them!